March 19, 2010

Small Product/Lifestyle Shoot

I got an assignment in class to shoot a small product along with a lifestyle shot.  Conveying a lifestyle that works with the chosen product can be difficult.  I was shooting for s more urban street feel for these images.
 Scott Moffat - Aerial7 Headphones
I shot my roommate Quincy Dean and his Aerial7 headphones. The product shot was of the Aerial7 headphones hanging upside-down by their cords.  I also bent a paperclip such that it would hold the headphones apart and look more natural.
 Scott Moffat - Quincy Wall-ride CC
The lifestyle shot is of Quincy charging around a wall-ride at Santa Barbara City College.  We took the shot late in the evening to avoid running into foot traffic.  Shooting from the top of the cylinder wall and looking down through my 10.5mm fish-eye gives a alternative perspective that does not make the action as impressive, because you cannot tell how high Quincy is on the wall, but is provides good composition for the Aerial7 loge.

No comments:

Post a Comment