September 19, 2009

Night Lights

Shooting at night is one of my favorite things to do. There is no longer a vast bast of ambient light falling over everything around you, just little splashes and streaks here and there that catch my attention. Mos of the time I am shooting time exposures for multiple seconds to get the lighting that I have envisioned. Freeways are one of my favorite locations because every single car has it's own set of lights that sip around with it wherever it goes, creating streaks of light. I think that makes a road look much more interesting, but that's just me. Something I have only touched on a little is slowing my shutter just to the point where the moving object become blurred, like in the LAX Traffic photo. Other times my exposures are so long that the moving objects in the frame disappear entirely. These are a compilation of the Night Lights that I have captured over the past year.
 Untitled_Panorama3
LAX TrafficLAX Traffic Slow
Ventura 101 North
Ventura 101 South
Moon & Cross
Moon & Cross #2Flame Reflection
Moonlit Ventura
Flame & Tracks
101 from Bridge
Calfornia Street
moffa_s_p101_7_1
Bidge Cell Light
moffa_s_p101_1_002_1

1 comment: